Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Vocabulary list #5

venomous- secreting venom, of injecting venom by means of a bite or sting
          When I was out camping, I went on a hike and so a venomous snake so I ran back to our place.

stolid- calm, dependable, and showing little emotion or animation 
           I was very stolid when my family tod me we were taking a trip to LA. 

hypnotized- produce a state of hypnosis in someone 
            My friend gets really hypnotized when his grandmother comes visit him. 

suspended- temporarily prevent from continuing or bieng in force or effect 
            The first time I got suspended from school was in the 2nd grade.

transformed- make a through or dramatic change in the form, appearance
             Last year my cousin really transformed into a whole different person.

accuse- charge someone with an offense or crime
             When my friend got tooking to jail he was accused with murder.

anticipate- regard as probable, except or predict
             I tried to anticipate what water park we were going to visit this weekend.

fringe- not part of a mainstream, unconventional, peripheral, or extrem
             My neighbor was really fringe about his daughter going to homecoming.

melancholy- a feeling of pensive sadness, typically with no obvious cause
             I was feeling melancholy when I had lost my car keys.

earnestly- fervent, intent, purposely, determined
            The students in our class were very earnestly to get accepted by UCLA.

dissolve- close down or dismiss
            The judge dissolved the inmates after their day of trial.

aggravate- make worse or more serious
            My class made it aggravate to learn about Area 51.

illuminate- light up
            I illuminate when I see my mom happy.

capillary- any of the fine branching blood vessels that form a network between the arteriols or venules
            Doctors have to learn about the capillary in order to get their degree.

proboscis- the nose of a mammal, especially when it is long and mobile
            The elephant had a very proboscis nose when he was cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment